Your senior loved ones need to be stimulated mentally, physically, and socially to maintain health and to avoid depression and isolation. If you are looking for ideas for activities for the whole family to do together, below are some ideas to get you thinking about new ways to connect - and inspire your loved one to keep learning, get stronger, and have fun:
- Chair Exercises: You can make up your own, ask your physician, purchase special DVDs, or download exercises from the University of Georgia as a guide. Check out our article on doing daily exercises together!
- Walks: Even if it is just a once daily walk or even ride in a wheelchair outside - the fresh air and change of pace can make a huge difference in mood and circulation.
- Outings: Take them shopping, to the mall, to a favorite restaurant, etc.
About the Lehigh Valley Senior Services Council
The Lehigh Valley Senior Services Council was created in 2009 to promote awareness of resources available to older adults and their families. The Lehigh Valley Senior Services Council is comprised of experts in the Geriatric and Elder Care Arena. Our goal is to provide education, guidance and solutions to families with regard to determining how to best care for their aging family member or for planning for future needs. We can offer our expertise to you in the following areas:
- Estate planning, wills, trusts, power of attorneys, and long-term asset protection planning by an Elder Law Attorney
- Help with identifying problems with loved ones, Guidance, advice, and transitional management by a Geriatric Care Manager
- Help with maintaining independence and safety in one's own home with a non-medical home care agency
- Medical management in your home with an In-home Physician
- Smooth moving and transition to a new living environment with the help of a dedicated realtor and a move management company
- Home delivered meals with friendly door to door service.
Most individuals are concerned about making the right decisions for their loved ones. The Lehigh Valley Senior Services Council can help you do just that. If you need help with planning for the future of your loved one or help with a crisis, contact us now to speak with one of our talented and compassionate specialists. Phone: (610) 674-2210; Email: LVSeniorServices@gmail.com.