As we age, we all experience a certain amount of forgetfulness that is normal. However, it's not easy to accept. Here are some tips for staying healthy and maintaining your memory and mental skills:
- Plan tasks, make "to do" lists, and use memory aids like notes and calendars.
- Develop interests or hobbies and stay involved in activities that can help both the mind and body.
- Engage in physical activity and exercise.
- Limit alcohol use.
- Find activities, such as exercise or a hobby, to relieve feelings of stress, anxiety, or depression. If these feelings last for a long time, talk with your doctor.
About the Lehigh Valley Senior Services Council
The Lehigh Valley Senior Services Council was created in 2009 to promote awareness of resources available to older adults and their families. The Lehigh Valley Senior Services Council is comprised of experts in the Geriatric and Elder Care Arena. Our goal is to provide education, guidance and solutions to families with regard to determining how to best care for their aging family member or for planning for future needs. We can offer our expertise to you in the following areas:
- Estate planning, wills, trusts, power of attorneys, and long-term asset protection planning by an Elder Law Attorney
- Help with identifying problems with loved ones, Guidance, advice, and transitional management by a Geriatric Care Manager Companionship, Help with maintaining independence and safety in one's own home with a non-medical home care agency
- Medical management in your home with an In-home Physician
- Smooth moving and transition to a new living environment with the help of a dedicated realtor and a move management company
- Home delivered meals with friendly door to door service.